A water intake unit consists of many interconnected engineering systems which are located in special structures. Main function of the water intake unit is to get water from a source, clean, treat and relocate it to the consumption facilities.
MEGA-STROY delivers comprehensive works on construction of water intake units including concept design engineering, erection, installation, adjustment and commissioning. Specialists of our Engineering department have huge experience of development and construction of engineering systems of various complexity.
The company has all required resources which allow to solve the most complicated engineering tasks successfully. In our company you may order implementation of all works on a turnkey basis including execution of initial and permit documentation.
Facilities of an engineering system
A water intake unit includes the following key elements:
- First stage pump station. To provide large industrial facilities with water, as a rule, there are several wells drilled, their length shall be defined depending on the depth of ground water.
- Water treatment station wherein the received natural resource is treated. Here water is cleaned from various admixtures and insoluble substances in compliance with the standard benchmarks.
- Clean water tanks allow to provide with uninterruptable supply to manufacturing facilities and residential buildings, give opportunity to sustain the given pressure values in the engineering system of the water intake unit.
- Underground and overhead structures which allow to provide with the optimal conditions for installation of engineering systems. There are devices and equipment to provide with normal operation of all system are accommodated inside these structures. Construction of the water intake unit must be accompanied with connection to heating, lighting, ventilation systems, automated alarm, etc.
List of preliminary works
Construction of water intake units is impossible to imagine without thorough preparation which includes approval of design engineering documentation by the state supervision authorities.
Preparation for construction of the water intake unit consists of the following stages:
- Licensing of mineral resources. Before start of well drilling, it is required to receive permits from the environmental authorities. This license is given after geological and surveying activities and estimation of fresh water stocks. At this stage it is required to create and to approve the project of supervision in sanitary zones.
- Design engineering. The specialists of the design engineering department do a masterplan which includes technological, architectural and construction parts. All required communication systems are also designed.
- Surveying works.
- Support of design documents during submission for expert appraisal to an accredited company. Construction of the water intake unit may be started after the expert appraisal has been received.
- Obtainment of the permit for implementation of earthworks and construction of the water intake unit.
As soon as all permit documentation is received MEGA-STROY’s specialists shall commence construction of the water intake unit.
Phases of main works
- Development of a technical assignment and its further approval by a client. During development of the technical assignment, the purpose of the system shall be considered, as based on its purpose performance and capacity rates of pump and other equipment are defined.
- Selection of suitable construction materials and required equipment. Elaboration of structural and architectural peculiarities of erected buildings and structures.
- Erection of first and second stage pump stations as well as a firefighting station.
- Next phase of construction of the water intake unit is erection of buildings and structures, installation of water treatment systems.
- Works related to tanks for collection and storage of clean water which can be located on ground completely, half in ground or underground.
- Installation and organization of sewage and water supply systems.
- Installation of an electrical cable, after that the water intake unit is connected with the nearest distribution substation.
- Installation of the emergency alarm and another automated equipment.
- Implementation of the project in part of installation of heating and air conditioning systems.
- One of the important phases of construction of the water intake unit is arrangement of internal territory which assumes creation of access ways and areas. The roads shall envisage access for large specialized equipment.
- Landscaping, disposal of construction wastes.
Final phase of construction of the water intake unit is system debugging which assumes launch of the equipment in its test mode and further setting, correcting and trouble shooting. After adjustment and diagnostics of all processes the facility is commissioned. At this phase there is approval processing of the as-built documentation in supervision authorities.
Installation of a water treatment station
The water treatment system is the most important component of the water intake unit. These are the water purification and water treatment stations wherein quality of water from the well is brought to the allowed standards. Before start of works on construction of the station it is required to conduct laboratory tests of water which give opportunity to define the content of harmful components and degree of deflection of these parameters from the standards.
After complex diagnostics is conducted there is a multi-stage water treatment system is developed which includes:
- Equipment for softening of hard water. The extra hardness is neutralized using special reagents.
- Equipment for removal of extra ferrum from and its compounds from the liquid thus making the water transparent.
- Equipment for water disinfection. Treatment with UV beams allows to remove pathogenic microorganisms from the liquid.
Sanitary protection areas
During construction of the water intake unit it is mandatory to arrange three sanitary protection areas which give the opportunity to protect the wells from contamination and bacteria.
- The first belt of the sanitary area is aimed to protect a water source from surficial contaminations. The radius of the restricted area shall be minimum 15 meters from the well. Within this radius it is strictly prohibited to build any buildings and structures not related to the facility.
- The second belt having radius of the sanitary zone around 200 meters functions as protection from bacteriological contamination. There in it is forbidden to accommodate any manure storage and cattle-breeding facilities, waste water treatment facilities and other structures that might be potentially biologically hazardous.
- The third belt. This sanitary area is aimed at protection of the received water from the chemical contaminations. At this territory there shall be no waste dumps, storage facilities for fertilizers, fuel and lubrication materials, burials of wastes, industrial enterprises which emit harmful compounds into the atmosphere. Radius of the third belt will be different depending on the specific nature of soil in the region.
The specialists of MEGA-STROY will develop the project of the sanitary safety area and will submit it to the supervision authorities for approval processing.
Our Company unites experienced design engineers, architects and builders who use the latest materials and equipment to solve the most complicated engineering and construction tasks. This allows to deliver efficiently all scope of works within the shortest period of time. The cost of works for construction of water intake units is calculated individually in every case. The price for complex of works shall be defined depending on complexity and size of the project, number of erected structures, specifications of the equipment, peculiarities of the terrain and many other factors.